• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in downloading \ installing Flash Player

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install the new version five times this morning - all ending up in the same error. I reach the point where the installer says "Close Internet Explorer". When this is done it continues to give the same message and doesn't progress any further.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Task Manager's Processes tab to end all iexplore.exe instances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't caused by having Java Scripting unchecked. At least for me it's not. I have Java Scripting enabled and still receive the error. I was told last time Adobe released a patch with scripting errors that the problem is with the site that's linked to the patch and that I would need to download from an alternate site.The toubleshooting page needs to actually SAY this, if that's the case, which it doesn't. It needs to place a BIG RED ARROW pointing to the alternate site. When I attempted to download from an alternate site to circumvent the scripting error message, I received the same error message as the original poster. I closed IE but am still not sure the patch installed as I never received the Finished pop-up.

Best idea, there just shouldn't be any scripting errors to begin with. Why am I still here haveing to post about this crap? Adobe if you're going to make Flash a requirement for home users then make it FRIENDLY for home users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you mean by alternative site?

Are you downloading Flash Player from the following location? http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what the address of the alternate download site given in the troubleshooting info is. If it's of interest to you, feel free to track it down. I guess I wasn't clear how thoroughly sick I am of dealing with Adobe's problem child updates.I feel the original poster's pain. Adobe make it friendly or don't make it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tigerflower1 wrote:

I feel the original poster's pain.

The original poster merely asked how to close Internet Explorer.  Every program that uses Flash Player must be closed during the installation process; there is nothing Adobe can do to get around that requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not ask how to close Internet Explorer. The problem is that when the installer demands to close it, and this has been done, the installer keeps giving the same message and don't progress any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you did not close all instances of Internet Explorer; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1199361

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That quite simply isn't true. I've been installing Flash patches for as long as web sites have been requiring the program and this is the first time the installer has EVER instructed me to close the window that contains the Download button before allowing an installation to proceed. And so far as I can tell the install failed to resume once IE was closed. Good luck clicking a Download button on a window that no longer exists. And generally we don't come here and post if we're happy campers. I'm sorry you don't hear the frustration. I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tigerflower1 wrote:

Good luck clicking a Download button on a window that no longer exists.

You got this completely mixed up; of course you need the browser during the download phase, but you need to close it (all instances, including any background processes) during the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And we've both explained that doing that appears to halt the installation. This is the first time I've ever seen a Flash install do what weve been reporting. We both experienced atypical behavior for a Flash download. But not to worry. I'll go be "mixed up" someplace else. Let the developers blunder around and figure it out on their own. I've had enough Adobe garbage for this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines