• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Quality Videos in RH10

Participant ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to publish some software simulations in RH10 Webhelp, and am having a great deal of difficulty. The only ones that seem to work are the videos I create from scratch in Captivate - these publish as .SWF files.

I began with an MP4 file, created in Adobe Presenter 8, which I converted in Adobe Media Encoder to FLV and F4V. I selected Maximum Quality in Media Encoder.

When I launch these video files in other software, they're fine. Resolution is great. As soon as I insert them into Robohelp using the Insert>Multimedia/Demo option, the screen resolution is awful. Preview mode is bad, so whatever happens, happens immediately. Generating doesn't fix anything either.

The MP4 I inserted doesn't play AT ALL (or at least not for the five minutes I waited), and it didn't display the controls at the bottom. It was just a black rectangle on the page. I even tried uploading the FLV file as a baggage file with a link to it - didn't work. Nothing works.

I tried converting the files to SWF in two free converters because Encoder doesn't give me that option. I didn't get audio on either one, but the resolution was good. There was another converter I could have paid for that gave me audio, but I'm looking for other solutions in the software I already have.

I can't insert images of the screenshots to show you - I'm getting an error so something's wrong on the site, I guess.

How does everyone else get high-resolution videos in Robohelp?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

We found the fix. A programmer and I messed around with this for a couple of hours, and hit on the size of the video.  When I converted the file to FLV, the setting in Media Encoder was  1280X720. When I insert the file into Robohelp, the video is much smaller,  so I grabbed the corner and sized it to about 920X700 or so. Don't do that!!

When I double-clicked the video and displayed the Multimedia dialog, there's a Size button. I clicked it and entered the exact size of the converted video, 1280X

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We found the fix. A programmer and I messed around with this for a couple of hours, and hit on the size of the video.  When I converted the file to FLV, the setting in Media Encoder was  1280X720. When I insert the file into Robohelp, the video is much smaller,  so I grabbed the corner and sized it to about 920X700 or so. Don't do that!!

When I double-clicked the video and displayed the Multimedia dialog, there's a Size button. I clicked it and entered the exact size of the converted video, 1280X720 - and it looks great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp