Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac 10.8.3 - Safari - Install is Broken

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

I've spent the last couple hours trying to aquire an answer for why I can't seem to get Adobe Flash Player working.

Youtube.com and Twitch.tv are both telling me I need to update to the new version of Flash.  After clicking the link, following the instructions, downloading what appears to be the new flash player update, and installing: youtube and twitch are both telling me the same thing.  "You need the new version of Adobe Flash Player."

I have tried unistalling and reinstalling.

What's the problem? How do I fix it?

-Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system & browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again, I'm using Mac OSX 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion*), Safari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't notice that you provided the information in the subject line.

What information do you get at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html#main_Find_the_Flash_Player_ver... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Pat, I get the "blank" box, indicating that Flash has not been installed on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, I have been having similar/same problem for the last 3 days!!! I tried everything and many many hours of frustrating install uninstall etc etc..

Finally SUCCEDED a few minutes ago.

Ok so this is what i did, (for the umpteenth time!)

1. Install the latest FP 11.7

2. Go to your Mac "Library" folder, then look for folder "Internet Plug-Ins" lower down the list

3. look for "Flash Player.plugin" under "Internet Plug-Ins" folder

4.You should see  "Flash Player.plugin" and the next right column (date modified)will show Today and the time you installed it, (should be a few minutes ago from when you installed)

5. If you see any other  "Flash Player.plugin" that have a previous date, move to Trash. Only "Flash Player.plugin"

^. You should have only the latest  "Flash Player.plugin" remaining.

6. Restart your computer.

7. You can check your library/Internet Plug-Ins again after restart to see if you have the latest version only.

8. Best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rikjac1, Thank you for your suggestions, but I am only finding one file in my Library labeled "Flash Player.plugin"

Restarting the computer didn't help either.  Thanks again though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3 days later, and I'm still unable to get this working.  Will I have better luck switching browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 Days later... Still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seriously tried everything, can I at least get a confirmation that there is a bug with the latest version of Flash Player.  At least this way I will know for sure that someone is working on a fix.  I've just about tried everything here.  From uninstall to reinstalling, deleting suggested plugin files, to restarting, to doing a rain-dance.

Please give me some kind of hope here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to Safari's help menu and selecting Installed Plug-ins.  Do you see Shockwave Flash listed?  If so, what version is reported?  If not, can you verify that "enable plug-ins" is checked in the security tab of Safari's preferences dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris Campbell

Thanks for the response Chris.  Plug-ins enabled, and Shockwave Flash is listed as ver Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting.  Can you temporarily install Firefox and try that out?  Firefox uses the same plugin file that Safari uses and I'd like to verify that the plugin is functional.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines