• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regular Expression Class in RoboHelp

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any class in RoboHelp object model for working with regular expressions? Or maybe a class for find and change option?

In Javascript there is RegExp class. Does RoboHelp have the same?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to use JavaScript DOM when scripting for RoboHelp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlotte

Can you perhaps explain in plain terms what it is you are trying to do?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all regular operations are recognized in RoboHelp. I need to extend  the capabilities of  an option Find with regular expressions or just try to do it. So I need to know what class will help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have a detailed knowledge of using Regex which I do not. I simply hack around within PowerGrep or Text Crawler and seem to achieve what I need. If you can forget talking about operations and classes and explain what you are trying to find, maybe I can tell you whether I have faced issues with that.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make my own script that will make a search with regular expressions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you have a development background which I do not have. Regular expressions work just fine from the tools I have used (as above plus dnGrep) but I think you want to create a script of some sort that takes in regular expressions, effectively replacing the tools I have used to run the expressions. I am sorry I cannot help you on that Charlotte.

Curiosity makes me ask why you have to do this with your own script rather than the tools I have used.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's for my diploma project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I don't claim to understand what you are doing, but in reply to your questions:

• RoboHelp Extendscript does not have DOM as a browser does. Instead, you can use the TokenManager which is more basic, but it does the job.
  • You can use JavaScript regular expressions. I don't know what you want to achieve exactly, but you can either traverse the structure of the file with the RH TokenManager but you can also load file contents and parse that using regexp.

You may be interested in my introduction to ExtendScript in RH: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/robohelp-extendscript.html It explains the basics of ExtendScript in RH and it should be very accessible if I estimate your level based on your forum questions.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp