• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ways to single-source a glossary in RH 9?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a product that will have two different configurations. From what I can tell, there's no way to conditionally mark glossary terms so that they appear in a specific configuration in RH 9.

I know I can create two different glossaries and assign one for each configuration, I'm hoping to avoid duplication of common terms between the two.

How would you suggest handling it? Should I just create a Glossary topic and create all my terms in that? Or are there workarounds to accomplish this sort of thing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you were talking about the TOC or Index, there is an option to insert a placeholder for another TOC or Index. Unfortunately this was not built into the Glossary Editor as if it were, you would be able to have a glossary for the common terms and use the placeholder in the other glossaries.

Please follow this link and submit a feature request.

http://www.Adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp