• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error! Check Activation"

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "Error! Check Activation" mean and how can I fix it as I cannot download any books onto my ereader.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get DRM eBooks into your eReader you must prepare things by

1. get an Adobe ID from the Adobe website.
  2. authorize your copy of ADE (Digital Editions) with that ID.
  3. authorise your device.

(Active/authorize/authorise/register tend to be used interchangably here).

You can then access books in ADE, copy them to the eReader and read them.

It may be that you haven't done all these steps or that one has gone wrong.

Can you clearify exactly what you have done and at what stage things fail, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have not use ADE since a few months. and today I have the same error (error! check activation) when I try to launch the file : "URLlink.ascm" from the ebook I just paid and download from the kobo store.

I have a Adobe ID. but on the adobe web site I have to change my password to connect to it.

On the adobe web site I see my account was "check"

In adobe digital edition/help/ ... says my PC already have a autorisation on the good ID.

I have desinstal the ADE and reinstall them but, ... nothing change /cry

What can I do ???

thank you in advance

Fred

PS : I'm sorry for my english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE may have got confused by the change in password, deactivate and reactivate as below.

I'm not sure of On the adobe web site I see my account was "check"  and exactly what that means.  Maybe they have sent an email asking for confirmation of a change, and are expecting a response to that email?

~~~

Sometimes ADE gets its registration/activation confused and in a semi-authorized state.

Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help.

Unfortunately, it often then gives misleading error messages about what is wrong.

A common incorrect message informs you that the ID is already in use on another computer and cannot be reused.

This can often be resolved by completely removing any authorization using ctrl-shift-D to the Library screen on ADE (cmd-shift-D if on Mac).

Restart ADE, and then reauthorize with your (old) Adobe ID.

In extreme cases on the mac, the following extra step has helped some people.  Navigate to /Users//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions and drag the activation.dat file to the trash. If you are using 10.7, see Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 Lion. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1265248?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it works

The ctrl-shift-D was my solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but when I try the Ctrl+Shift+D it doesn't work. It won't let me remove the authorization saying that the wrong password was entered. I checked that password a number of times and it is working to sign-in in the account so I don't understand why it is not recognized to remove in this case. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2016 Jan 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem but when I try the Ctrl+Shift+D it doesn't work. It won't let me remove the authorization saying that the wrong password was entered. I checked that password a number of times and it is working to sign-in in the account so I don't understand why it is not recognized to remove in this case. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines