• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What to use for feature testing

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched high and low and cannot figure this one out.  My boss has tasked me with creating a feature test for the CF site I manage and suggested using Cucumber since that's what they're using to test other sites.  However, they're all using the Java version, and I don't know Java.  I tried using the PHP version but apparently it doesn't work on Windows.

So, I'm stuck and my boss isn't going to be happy when I tell her as much! So, I'm trying to find out what I can use to write and execute feature tests on Windows of a ColdFusion site.

Any suggestions (that might help me keep my job *smile*)?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Windows server is running Apache, you can get the PHP version to work.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried cuke4php and it wouldn't work because it was claiming a fork() function was unimplemented and all my searching told me that you can't really get the fork() function to work on Windows.

I'm running Apache 2.2 but it's just an XP machine, not Windows Server or anything.

Have you successfully gotten cuke4php to work?  I'd love to chat with you if so!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never worked with cuke4php.  I've only installed (once) XAMPP on a WinXP SP3 system, and don't really know how to configure it (I'm a ColdFusion developer who took some PHP tutorials out of curiosity.)

But I believe that Apache does have a stand-alone Windows installer; install it and follow instructions on how to get PHP working on it, then you can use that for feature testing.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused as to what you're saying.  What do you mean "use PHP for feature testing"?  I have PHP installed and up and running fine on my machine.  I'm looking for some sort of actual feature testing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.. as I've stated, I've never worked with cuke4php, I don't even know what it is.

If you've got Apache running (XP doesn't matter - you don't have to have Windows Server 20xx in order to run a web server), I'm not sure what else.  I tried Googling "php feature testing", but it didn't really give me anything that looked like feature testing apps/tools.  I did see something about a sandbox for testing.. same thing??

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not really.  Thanks for your efforts though!

I honestly am not married to cuke4php or using php for testing.  I'm just trying to figure out what I can use to get this done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps one of the tools listed at http://www.testdriven.com/tag/acceptance_testing_tools_post_tag would work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll give it a look, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation