• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update Fails Windows 7 64 bit??

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has been the case on many applications & websites over the past 8 months, which renders much of the web and some of my software, useless.

I have followed all recommendations, from MS, Adobe and from suggestions on many, many forums, yet still the problem of installing the FlashPlayer update continues to hamper my Windows experience.  I have been FORCED to use Chrome as my browser instead of Internet Explorer and now my printing software from HP no longer works.

The ActiveX control/Update from Adobe will NOT under any cenario, complete installation and continues to fail when registering.  I am using admin rights and I am very competant with the use of computers and software.  The only thing I am reluctant to do, is to manually edit the registry.

Searching the net, I find this is a very common issue which is yet to be resolved. Why is this?  The installation of any software in this day & age, should be straight forward and simple.  This issue has been a problem for thousands of people for quite some time and I am dismayed that it has continued!! Why have Microsoft & Adobe failed the end user in respect of this?

I have tried all previously suggested options and procedures set out here, on the Adobe website and those recommended in forums.  I have also tried the option to un-install Flash Player (with Adobe Flash Un-installer), and re-install from scratch.  I do have full admin rights on this PC and have run the update as Administrator.  I have - before someone should ask - followed the install procedure with all security software disabled.

So sensible people, with sensible answers, how did you fix this issue on your machine?

Thank you!

(OS: Windows 7 64bit, IE 10 - Latest - also now have to use Chrome to view online video content).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

'Failed to register' is caused by inadequate/corrupted registry key permissions.

One possibility to fix it (does not work in some cases): How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Another possibility that I have just though of: can you try http://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall/

Also, have you tried to use the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines