Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unlock password protected, reader extended document

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to unlock/remove password on a password protected and reader extended document in a long lived process. Below is the workflow description

A batch process that fires periodically to send service feedback forms to customers.

• Long lived process to Gather data ---> Render Dynamic pdf ---> Password Protect (to disable printing and extracting pages) ---> Reader Extend (for saving edited pdf on client machine) ---> Send Email to customer.
  • Long lived process to Receive feedback via Email endpoint --> Remove/Unlock (?) password ---> Extract data from PDF --->  further operations to update data in tables.

My findings:

1. Remove PDF Password Encryption (Failed here)  ---> Extract data
    • Error: ALC-ENC-100-005 You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified or reader extended.: ALC-ENC-100-005 You cannot change security on this document because the document is signed or certified or reader extended.
  2. Remove Usage Rights ---> Remove PDF Password Encryption ---> Extract data   == SUCCESS
  3. Unlock Password Encrypted PDF ---->  Extract Data (Failed here)
    • Error: com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.exceptions.PDFSecurityAuthorizationException: Security Manager for decryption is not set: com.adobe.livecycle.formdataintegration.client.ExportFormDataException: com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.exceptions.PDFSecurityAuthorizationException: Security Manager for decryption is not set
  4. Remove Usage Rights ---> Unlock PDF Password ---> Extract data (Failed here)
    • Error: com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.exceptions.PDFSecurityAuthorizationException: Security Manager for decryption is not set: com.adobe.livecycle.formdataintegration.client.ExportFormDataException: com.adobe.internal.pdftoolkit.core.exceptions.PDFSecurityAuthorizationException: Security Manager for decryption is not set

I see that the "Unlock Passwod Encrypted PDF" service works fine in Short Lived Process. I'm unable to make it work in Long Lived process. Can someone please explain this behavior? Why is the limitation to Unlock PDF Password service to work only in short lived process?

Thanks,
Sandeep

1 Reply

Employee

Sandeep,

Is your intention to remove the password encryption or just extract data from it?

If you want to remove password encryption then you should first remove the usage rights and then remove pass encryption

If you want to just extract data from it - You can create a short lived subprocess that has unlock PDF password and extract data which should work fine (Ensure that unlock and extract are in a short lived process)

In case of long lived process when you unlock PDF password - the PDf gets unlocked and will be saved - and if you try to extract data it would fail because you need to unlock it again.

HTH

--Santosh

http://about.me/nskumar