• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with PowerPoint Slides

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2013 Apr 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several powerpoint presentations that do not import correctly. The bottom part of the slides are white, but import to Captivate as gray. When I preview them the bottom part is white. However, when I publish the Captivate project the bottom part of the slides are gray. this also affects question slides I create in Captivate. They show up as gray even though they should be white. What is causing this?

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try increasing the Slide Quality setting on these slides to 24 bit or Optimised.  See if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I increased the Slide Quality to both 24 bit and Optimised and no change. Any other thoughts?

It acts as though Captivate is applying a gray filter in the work screen and in the published files, but not in the preview as the preview looks the way it is supposed to. Is there some setting for making the background a color? I'm just guessing here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you try this:

Go to Edit> Preferences > SWF size and quality > make that to Custom and uncheck Advanced File Compression and Compress SWF file.

Then at the time of publishing check the option 'Force Re publish all slides'.

Then publsih.

Reply and tell how it goes.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something doesn't make sense here.

Is there any possibility you have a grey object somewhere on one of the early slides which is set to show for Rest of Project but is turned off on the timeline so that you cannot see it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slides come into Captivate as gray even though they are white in PowerPoint. See the two images below. You can see the white area on the bottom of the slides in the first image. The second image is after I clicked ok. I did nothing else. Notice the bottom of the slides are now gray.

BeforeCaptivate.png

AfterCaptivate.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

In which version of Powerpoint was it made?

Can you re save that ppt to pptx with a different name in powerpoint and then import that into Captivate?

also try importing it to another .cptx or another new project of captivate.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all your help. I do not know what version of PowerPoint it was created with but it is a pptx already. I have several pptx files that have this problem importing into Captivate. I have imported several pptx files, several times. They all have the same master slides template. I have other pptx files with a different master slides template that import into Captivate with no problem. Apparently, there is something about this particular pptx design that Captivate doesn't import correctly. Why would Captivate change the background color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell the complete version of Captivate (help > about adobe Captivate ) and which Operating System is it?

Can you save that to .ppt (97-2003), then re import it in a new blank project (.cptx).

If that does not work then try to create a new project from MS Power Point and then import that .ppt

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 5.5

Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1

I tried saving to .ppt and .pptx back and forth, creating a new .ppt and still the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Can you recreate the preferences of Captivate and then import ppt or pptx to a new blank project.

First close Captivate,

Preferences Folder Location on Windows 7:

C:\Users\[Current User]\AppData (hidden folder) \Local\Adobe\Captivate 5.5, rename the Captivate 5.5 folder to Captivate 5.5OLD

Then launch Captivate.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounded like such a good idea, but it didn't change anything. The slides are still gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Your thread has me curious. Are you able to create a small PPT that has the same characteristics and make it available? I'd love to see it first hand.

rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick - I just emailed you a sample of a PowerPoint that has white slides that turn gray when I import it into Captivate. Look forward to your feedback.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. For whatever reason this makes the published presentation look like the original slides - which is what I want. The slides in Captivate when I am working on them are still gray. But at least the finished product looks correct!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources