• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Deleting My Quotes!

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2007 Jan 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to a wayward script that parses the HTML, I need quotes around my anchor names. I hear tell there is a way to keep Robo from deleting them. I know that if the answer can be found anywhere, it can be found here.

Give me good news!

Or give me bad news if you have to. I need an answer, one way or the other.

Thanks,
Ed Gurney
Stratford, CT

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 30, 2007 Jan 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 46Kid,

Welcome to the forum.

Check out this Thread .

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brian. Unfortunately the link did not help.

I am pasting code straight out of Notepad into TrueCode -- Word is not involved. Here's an example. I paste in:

<H2><A name="Subject Terms">Subject Terms</A></H2>
<P class=NormalIndent2>Content to Follow</P>

Simple enough. Then I press save. The result is:

<H2><A name=Subject Terms>Subject Terms</A></H2>
<P class=NormalIndent2>Content to Follow</P>

Ever seen this before? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ed,

I wish I had a good workaround. The only real problem I've had with RoboHelp is that it modifies code I type in. I believe it only does this with the WYSIWYG editor, so after you can paste from Notepad stay in the True Code editor and compile. Does it still have the problem? It doesn't in my old version of RoboHelp, but it looks like it might in the trial version of 6.0 I am running.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2007 Jan 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again 46Kid,

Have you tried Insert/Symbol in the WYSIWYG editor. I tried inserting double open and end quotes which worked fine.

Hope it helps,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I've tried that. I can paste directly from Notepad directly into Truecode, save the file, and watch the code change before my eyes. I could do screen shots of this.

Brian,

The WYSIWYG editor doesn't figure in, as I am editing code, not the content.

BTW, I've tried putting quotes around the anchor names by using the GUI bookmark tool, too. On save, Robo turns these into underscores.

Right now I'm trying to post-edit the Robo-generated code in a non-invasive editor. This has a tendency to yield broken results, but right now, it's all I have.

I may try inserting the quotes as a unicode value, changing the default windows charset declaration to unicode, and see what happens.

Thanks,
Ed
X5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed

Are there other editors out there that you have used in the past that allow you to insert quotes around anchors? If so, I might suggest you configure RoboHelp HTML to use that particular editor.

Or, here's a different suggestion. Find an odd character that RoboHelp allows you to use, then insert it as a prefix and a suffix of the anchor names. When you are ready to feed this to the script that parses the HTML, you could perform a global search and replace of the odd characters with the desired quotes as the last step before the parser script kicks in.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello 46kid -

I tried to duplicate your problem in X5.0.2 but alas, I could not reproduce it as the quotes remain as you desire. Something else going on here but not sure what.

Regards,
gewb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp