Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11 installed but not detected in IE 8 or IE 9

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit OS.

Com registration is correct as we can load shockwave into an exe.

Flash Player 11 is installed and can be detected via Firefox but not via IE 8 or IE9.

Performed all the trouble shooting steps including Active X filtering and Enabling.

Used IE Development tools including profiling and compatibility without any success.

Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times using the Adobe uninstaller at

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_F....

Registry appears correct.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

No errors are appearing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2013 Mar 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly means "not detected"?  Can you see it (Shockwave Flash Object) under Add-ons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The add-on is detected but when Jscript runs on the web page the detection fails, so for example go to www.Youtube.com.au, the script on the page detects that adobe flash is out of date (or not installed) and prompts the user to install the latest version. No matter how many times this has been tried the detection from Jscript fails. Also this problem is endemic in the displaying of a SWF file, point IE to a SWF file and the same issue occurs with the standard flash install web page coming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2013 Mar 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to reproduce this for the last few weeks but so far have been unable to.  If I understand you correctly, when you go to this page:

http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/swfobject/testsuite_2_2/test_dynamic_multiple.html

You're seeing the alternate content (most likely prompts to update/install flash) for all 4 blocks?  Do you have any idea what I could be missing and why I can't reproduce this?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

I tried the URL supplied above and it returns a 404 message. Tested again and Flash is detected under Firefox but not under IE9 (previously tried IE8 as well). Is it worth trying under IE10?

404 Not Found.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

healthlinks wrote:

I tried the URL supplied above and it returns a 404 message.

Maybe it was temporarily down; when I go to http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/swfobject/testsuite_2_2/test_dynamic_multiple.html I see something like

swfver.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines