• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't backup Adobe CS6 Design Premium to thumb drive

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased & downloaded successfully.  Now want to back it up for safe keeping.  Everytime I try to back up the 4.5 GB file, to a 32GB thumb drive, I get the following message, "The item “DesignWebPremium_CS6_LS16.dmg.zip” can’t be copied because it is too large for the volume's format."  So I tried another thumb drive & same thing.  Does anyone have any info on this?

Do I even need to back this up, or will I always be able to download it from the Adobe site?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi KLMCBC

Then you need to reformat the drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It is currently formatted to be used with both a PC and OS X however you are running into it's limitation in that format. If you don't know how to format an EHD then please click Format, Erase, or Reformat a Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KLMCBC

Then you need to reformat the drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It is currently formatted to be used with both a PC and OS X however you are running into it's limitation in that format. If you don't know how to format an EHD then please click Format, Erase, or Reformat a Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mandeep5062!  That worked like a charm.  I appreciate your help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the file format on the thumb drive?

If FAT32 then that format cannot handle files larger than 4GB.

See http://www.tuaw.com/2011/09/19/mac-101-format-choices-for-usb-flash-drives/

Do I even need to back this up, or will I always be able to download it from the Adobe site?

I definitely recommend keeping your own backups of any files that you purchase - from Adobe or anywhere else.

There is no guarantee that the file will be available for download at a later date when you want it.

One of the most frequent questions on this very forum is how to download previous versions of Adobe software since Adobe's habit is to remove public links to previous versions from their website as soon as a new version comes along. This frustrates people no end but there has been no change in Adobe policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines