• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I successfully download and install the latest version of Flash Player?

Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying off and on for the last week to download the latest version of Flash Player and it keeps hanging up during the download. Sometimes by pausing it and restarting it it seems to have completed, but when I try installing it I get a message that says, "certificate of authentication failed, please re-install to correct the problem."

I have an HP Pavillion with Windows. 7 and I am using Firefox as my browser

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This download hung up as well at 16.6 mb out of 16.8 mb, but it acted as if it was finished downloading so I tried installing it anyway. I got an error message that said, "install_flash_player.exe is not a valid WIN32 application".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means that the download did not complete and is corrupted.  Download it again.

The download size is 16,544KB (ActiveX), and 17,193KB (plugin).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to download it for two weeks now and it always fails to complete the download. Then I get one of the two messages I have posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you may have an unstable Internet connection.  It takes me less than 1 second to download the complete installer, and I am about 10,000km away from the Adobe download servers.

Try downloading it somewhere with a better connection, e.g. a library, then transfer it using a flash drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the library and downloaded the install and it still did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly means "still not work"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm also having what he is facing. flash installer package can't be downloaded completely. anyone please give an advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines