• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File I/O Error Message

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ai file that I can not save with out getting the File I/O error message. One person suggested that this file may be corrupted since I've been bouncing back and forth between 2 different Illustrator programs. I use CS-4 at work, save as CS-3 format then continue working on it at home. I tried copying each layer to a new fresh doc. but still get the error code. Is there a way to fix this file? Both back-up files I have behave the same way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything. You are not even telling us the exact wording of thne error message, much less offering any system info or details about what is involved in your files. Much too vague and imprecise on all accounts...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I wasn't sure how much info was required.

The error message simply says: "A file I/O error has occurred."

The ai file is 144MB, has 10 layers, 9 layers being vector line art only, one layer has vector line art plus a little type.

Both computers used are PC's. I usually save the file to a flash drive so that I can take it home.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually save the file to a flash drive so that I can take it home.

Don't. Save them to a local fixed drive and only then move them to the storage media. This could be all sorts of things like insufficient USB bus speed or driver issues with another device plugged on to the USB bus just as it could be more generic file I/O problems. Saving to a conventional location no doubt will eliminate the majority of your problems....

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines