• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion AMI in EC2: how to add more web servers?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently running an instance of the Coldfusion AMI with linux.

I want to keep that instance and launch 2 more web servers (independent machines) that point to the coldfusion application server.

How can I do this with apache , tomcat, etc?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking to have just two additional web servers and a single CF server - you can launch two more linux server instance (does not need to be a ColdFusion AMI, you can use the Amazon Linux AMI for example).

Then copy the contents of the /opt/coldfusion10/config/wsconfig/1/ folder over to the new linux servers.

In that directory edit the workers.properties file and change the line that says

worker.cfusion.host=localhost

To something like this:

worker.cfusion.host=ip.of.your.cf.server

Make sure the firewalls allow traffic to the port specified in this file from the web servers.

Next copy the /etc/httpd/conf/mod_jk.conf file from the CF server on to the web server, and add that to you httpd.conf (eg add Include mod_jk.conf, or put the file in a conf.d folder).

I think all that should work -- I haven't tested it. For security you might want to make sure you have setup a connector shared secret, see the CF10 Lockdown guide for instructions on setting that up.

--

Pete Freitag

Foundeo Inc.

ColdFusion Consulting & Products (FuseGuard, HackMyCF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Your answer is right, it did work, just the file location for mod_jk.conf is in /etc/apache2/mod_jk.conf.

Now I am going to the next step:

- instead of 1 single CF instance I need 2 of them in a Cluster.

I did it work locally in my machine using static membershit configuration, because multicasting is not allowed in EC2.

If a follow you, I need to create the cluster and move the config to apache again, but in this case registering 2 more workers: the cluster as load balancer and the remote instance?

I am confuse about the main instance. It is a single point of failure? because I'll point the external apache web server to the IP of the cluster right?

Here is my workers file:

worker.list=CFCluster01

worker.CFCluster01.type=lb

worker.CFCluster01.balance_workers=cfusion,cfusion2

worker.CFCluster01.sticky_session=false

worker.cfusion.type=ajp13

worker.cfusion.host= MyIP1

worker.cfusion.port=8012

worker.cfusion.max_reuse_connections=250

worker.cfusion2.type=ajp13

worker.cfusion2.host= MyIP2

worker.cfusion2.port=8012

worker.cfusion2.max_reuse_connections=250

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation