• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing URL of BC site upon launch?

Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,   I searched the knowledge base but can't find an answer:

Say I have a site BCTest.businesscatalyst.com but my client's current webstie is MyClient.com  

Normally I'd create MyClient.businesscatalyst.com  but BC is having an issue with the client name right now...

When it is time to upgrade and launch the site,  is it possible/necessary to change the BCTest URL to MyClient.businesscatalyst.com,  and then since I want to redirect MyClient.com to the new host, how is that done so that the domain is actually MyClient.com and not MyClient.businesscatalyst.com ? 

Thanks

Jeff

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you not taken a site live yet Jeff?

http://helpx.adobe.com/business-catalyst/partner/going-live-guide.html

In terms of the development URL you go into the partner portal and edit it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No the site is not live yet.

Thanks,  that is the document I was looking for...  except it doesn't answer my one question.   I see I can change/add the subdomain urls:  Please insert the new url sub-domain

But since these are subdomains and not the main url,   do they have any affect on the actual transfer of the name to BC hosting?

I mean, does it matter if the bc development URL is  BCTEST  or MyClient.businesscatalyst.com   when you launch ?   Or is that setting totally irrelevant? 

Does the re-delegate option do essentially what I'm asking?

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That will always exist Jeff,

That is your development URL.

If your a paid partner for example the sites you make will be ... website.yourmainsite.com.

It is a url you can always access to develop on. Your worldsecuresystems URL is also always there.

When you take a site live you can go to the domain manager, click the development url and there will be a tick to setup a redirect to the live domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines