• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't install on my Mac

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS 10.7.5 Snow Leopard and while installing Flash Player it stops and tells me to quit Dashboard Clinet.  I've gone to force quit and have stopped everything on there other than the install program and I keep getting the same thing.  Is there a way to stop the Dashboard?  When I open it there does not appear to be a button to do so.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Might be the process is running in background.

Please open the Activity Moniter under Utilities, than try to quit the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. Been trying to figure it out for the last month. I'm giving up, had a gut full. Used to be easy to update flash player..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be the process is running in background.

Please open the Activity Moniter under Utilities, than try to quit the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick!  All of the processes running on my dashboard receive input from wi-fi so I had to remove them all from my dashboard, finish the Adobe install and then put them back.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain and have a solution that should work. I have been battling this for several weeks now, finally gave up, and wrapped up a call with an Apple engineer an hour or so ago. Come to find out, regardless of what the O/S tells you in Activity Monitor about Safari, Dashboard, or both "not" running, these processes are in fact being called. It seems that, at least in my case, on an up-to-date OS X / Safari combo, and with The Weather Channel widget installed, you will never get the newest Adobe Flash Player update to install. As soon as you remove The Weather Channel widget, the Adobe Flash update process will again work normally. It makes absolutly no sense, but I and the Apple engineer were able to reproduce the fix on my two systems and completely reproduce the issue and the fix on his. Not certain where the "blame" for the issue rests, but I suspect this is a issue with The Weather Channel widget - or at least how it is interacting with the O/S and Safari. I suggest checking for any installed/active widgets that grab/stream any soft of content via the web, removing them, and re-running the Flash updater. I hope this helps. Please reply to let me know if this did the trick for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it did!  Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.  Another member had the same solution.  Seems kind of weird that something like that got designed into it.  Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don"t Know which  Adobe flash to apply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did but I guess I don't understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not worth installing Flash. Just give up, is my advice. It is closing down forever in 5 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines