New Here ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIN7 Home Premiun

Firefox 20.0.1

Many different versions of Flash Player

Hello Everyone,

Flash Player works in all browsers except Firfox now.  I've read all over the web for solutions & reccomendations.  I've had an extensive forum discussion on Mozilla's Firefox forum.  They had me many more ideas.  Still nothing.  For the complete history of everything I have tried as well as my versions & settings I have tried, it might be easeier to view my thread in that forum.  I'm at a complete loss...

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=2694923&f=9&sid=bb178e4cbaa8b6fe51f65d1ed515a860.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that topic you write "I have sound but no picture"; that could indicate an incompatibility with your graphics drivers.  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions on the site.  Windows determined that the driver is up to date.  Note:  Not only is there no sound on some pages, other flash pages just crash...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you visit the graphic card's manufacturer's website?  What is your graphic card, driver version and date?

The driver may be adequate for Windows, but not necessarily for Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Intel HD Graphics

Driver date: 1/10/2012

Driver version: 8.15.10.2622

Then, on the details tab:

File version: 1,3,1,0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intel website driver update utility says all drivers up to date and latest installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although for the graphics driver, it says  Intel® Driver Update Utility not recognize an Intel device

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just noticed in your original post that you wrote "Flash Player works in all browsers except Firfox"; that does in fact exclude a graphics driver issue.

Can you see the Flash animation and player version on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html (on Firefox)?  If yes, what version does it show as installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see it in Firefox.  I don't see it in IE now either.  Chrome says Flashplayer is blocked because it is out of date.  Add/Remove Programs lists Flash Player 10 Plugin however.

Strange:  Chess.com video plays in Chrome.  It also plays in IE.  Is it there, but not really there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend to perform a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

For Chrome, update Chrome to get the latest Flash Player version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already un-installed/ re-installed Flash multiple times.  I currently have version installed after re-installing version 11 a few times.  I read that going back to 10 sometimes works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines