• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Updated Flash Player

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several times without success to update my Adobe Flash Player software to version 11.7.700.169. Here's what happens: Whenever I need to use Flash Player, I am told my current version is "vulnerable" and automatically connected with the Adobe installation page. I click on "Download Now," and  a rectangle appears that says, "Preparing installation. Please wait," along with a progress bar. But once the progress bar stops and the rectangle goes away, no Opening dialog box appears. In fact, nothing appears. Does anyone know how I can get past this point or how I might update my Flash Player software another way? Thanks.

I have a ThinkPad T61 laptop with Windows XP Professional 32-bit operating system, and I browse with Firefox 20.0.1.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Download and run the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_header (under the header Progress Bar Hangs).

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and run the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea... (under the header Progress Bar Hangs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Pat Willener, MVP. The solution you suggested worked great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines