Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading pdf.acsm files

Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Adobe Digital Editions & bought an e-book from Google.  When I try to download it the Adobe reader has an error message, "pdf.acsm not a supported type file."  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Adobe Digital Editions forum.

ThomasReid7 I would recommend beginning by installing Adobe Digital Editions from http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if ADE doesn't know how to parse a filename correctly  (along with many other things it can't do correctly).

Renaming your xxx.pdf.acsm file to xxx.acsm (or_anything_else_without_a_dot.acsm) and trying again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. The problem was that only the Adobe Digital Editions can open acsm, and the file was going to the Adobe Reader instead. Why that isn't changed when you download the book reader I cannot imagine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines