• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact sheet pdf in lightroom

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently shown how to create contact sheet pdf's in Lightroom 4 which could be emailed to clients onto which they could comment and return. All this without the need for more software or so i thought. I cannot seem to make it work. What software is needed and what do I need to do?  Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you weren't shown Bridge? Window > Workspace > Output.

In LR you would need to "print" but choose PDF as the printer. It's different  on Mac/PC. Say which you use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your questions it was definitely not Bridge, I was actually shown using the LR5 demo but told it was the same. I am confident that I am following the process correctly it is just that I am not getting the option to print to pdf.

I am using Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, then the option to print to PDF is in the Mac's print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my point. There is no option to print to pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not in LR, but in the Mac print dialog. You can access this by clicking Print Settings in the  bottom left corner of the Print module. Choose your printer as PDF here, and then print to it in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said this is my point, there is no option to choose my printer as pdf. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I'm not sure where else to look. System Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the Print.... button, bottom right, then show us a screenshot of this dialog if you still can't see it.

Screenshot_29_04_2013_20_07.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to you both for looking to assist me.  Perhaps I could draw your attention to my original question, which was to produce the pdf as a document which can be commented on.  I may have misunderstood what I was told. Victoria, I get this dialogue box and I can save as a pdf but simply as an 'image'. I have assumed I always needed some more software but not sure just what. Is it just the free 'reader' and if I send the pdf as I can save it using the above will it be able to be commented on by whomever it is sent to? I got the impression that it was self contained but I now wonder if the recipient also needs Adobe reader or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think Adobe Reader would be needed for anyone to make comments, but it may be that they need more than that (Acrobat or whatever it's called nowadays). I don't think Preview can do this, but I could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaaaaaaah, I see.  No, that wouldn't have been through LR. 

I don't think Preview can do it.  PDF Pen can set it up as a form, and is somewhat cheaper than full blown Acrobat. 

Or if the receipient's a Mac user, them installing Skim (free) on Mac would allow them to draw all over it to their heart's content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forms would require something like Acrobat, but Reader seems to allow people to add simple comment notes and save them to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Adobe reader now and opened the pdf saved within LR.  This will do what I was shown, I think it may have been a combination of the process being badly described and me making some assumptions, although I am sure I was told nothing else was required, particularly for the client. (Perhaps this is included in LR5?)  Anyway pretty much sorted.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this a little awkward but to do this I first had to change the Print Settings dialog, selecting the "Save as Adobe PDF" option depicted here. Nothing appears to happen at this point but then when you next Print your contact sheet will be wherever you selected in "Save as Adobe PDF". Just thought I'd add this in case anyone else has trouble as I did tonight. It's likely you've all figured it out by now AND are using a diff version of LR, as am I (5.7 for Mac).

Screen Shot 2015-02-11 at 11.23.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac does it not on "Print" but on the "Printer" button....I had to try also hard to find this out, hope it is not too late....On the "Print" it generated endless Renderfiles.

So strange!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Have you figure out how to do that export contact sheet with comments for clients to create comment on contact sheet with each picture yet? Hope so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A contact sheet can be 'printed' to a PDF from LR if your OS or an installed program allows this-

I can print to pdf in two ways (I do not have Acrobat!)

ScreenShot107.jpgScreenShot109.jpg

For a customer to add comments to your PDF I assume they need "Acrobat" or a program that allows text addition to a PDF- I can do this in Foxit-

ScreenShot110.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines