• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Current version of flash player is garbage. How do I revert to the prior version?

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<oem>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

What problems are you having with the current version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of firefox.  Win7.

Videos start blank and then the screen goes totally green.  Sometimes going full screen helps, but often the video skips back like a scratched LP album (but slower).

Tried uninstalling and re-installing and didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Green" stuff indicates that your graphics driver is no longer compatible with features of the latest Flash Player.  Update it; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2013 Apr 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to windows, my display adapter driver is up to date.  Reinstalled my drivers anyway and no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2013 Apr 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ragbone13 wrote:

According to windows, my display adapter driver is up to date.

Did you visit your graphics card's manufacturer's website to check for a new driver?  What is fine for Windows may not be sufficient for Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did do that and my driver matched the one on the website.  I downloaded and installed it anyway, thinking that the driver may have somehow been corrupted.  No luck.

I purchased a new graphics card and nstalled it and it solved the problem. It seems that the card I had was the piece of garbage.  Less than one year old.

Thanks everyone for the help.  This frustrating episode seems to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please visit this link to get older version of flash player. scroll down on this page and find older versions.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions. html#main_Archived_versions

Note that you must uninstall the latest version prior to installing an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I've tried all of this, including multiple prior versions.  Nothing helps.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.  I guess I have no choice but to buy a new graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines