Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing on Mac

Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was prompted to upgrade my Flash player.  When I try to install the newly downloaded version of Flash player, I only get an option to quit installation.  The install button is blacked out.  I have a Mac OS X version 10.6.8.  I uninstalled any older versions of Flash.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Mylenium...I tried the installation problem page but it did not address my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2013 Apr 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the checkbox on the install panel?

fp115ip.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Pat Willener, I would have checked the box you speak of IF it gave me the option.  There is no option to check it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of your install panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, a friend figured it out.  But I thank you for your patience and your time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat:

Re installing FP update on a Mac with OS10:

I wasn't quite sure where to post this but it does relate to installing FP on a Mac. I repeatedly ran into a "General Installation Error" when I attempted to install FP from AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_11_aih which is the installer that Adobe was urging me to update with. I'm using OS 10.7.5. I ran across your suggestion to try install_flash_player_11_osx.dmg. I think it came from a different source (Macromedia?) and it worked perfectly.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two installers, but the aih and osx suffixes apparently hint at the difference.

I think other people with Macs must be having the same problem and suggest that your good advice be re-posted somewhere. Also if you can provide one, I'd like to see an explanation for the difference in results with the 2 installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines