• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flashplayer_update.exe

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashplayer_update.exe runs very heavy at startup causing my laptop fan to run loudly. After about 20 minutes it crashes with the error "flashplayer_update.exe has stopped working". How can I stop this from running at startup?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Your system seems to be infected with some nasty; try http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Windows version?  What is your Flash Player version?

Honestly I don't know what that file is; I don't have any such file on any of my systems where Flash Player is installed.

Can you check your startup list and find where that file is located on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

The file is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Player.

Everytime I boot my laptop I have to go in Task Manager and end process or it has a cpu usage of over 50% til it errors out in about 20-25 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, this is a mystery to me.  I have the same system as you, with Flash Player 11.7.700.169 (ActiveX and plugin) installed, but I do not have such a file or folder on my system?

Does the file have a digital signature?  Could it be malware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norton does not recognize it as malware.

Don’t know if it has a digital signature.

I delete it and everytime I boot up it reappears back in the same folder running in the background again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on that file and select Properties, then click on the Digital Signature tab.  Is it signed by Adobe Systems Inc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Digital Signature tab. This is what I have:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's not signed by Adobe, meaning it's not an Adobe file.

Delete the folder and remove the item from the startup list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve deleted the folder, removed all startup items, removed all registry entries, and uninstalled all Adobe programs and every time I reboot, that folder reappears, and the file is running in the background again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system seems to be infected with some nasty; try http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malwarebytes found the file as a trojan and permanently removed it. Norton did not find it. Thanks for your help, problem solved.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great; I'm glad that this mystery is cleared up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines