• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apply Conditional Tag with KB Shortcut

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2008 Dec 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is is possible to create a keyboard shortcut that will apply a particular conditional build tag? I can make a shortcut that will open the build tag dialog, but that doesn't save me anything.

I have to go through about 1000 topics and apply build tags to every piece of text, and the current drag and drop method of applying tags is making my hand cramp up.

What would be really nice would be if I could create a macro that would apply one or more specific build tags, then create a keyboard shortcut to the macro, similar to the way I was doing it in RH for Word.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2008 Dec 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from within RH. You should be able to set up such a macro using Macro Express and you will soon find yourself using it to set up all sorts of macros. Great product. BKReplaceEm is free but the interface is not as good. Macro Express has a trial period so nothing to lose.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread (2008), but I'm asking again to see if things have changed.

The solution I found isn't optimal.

1. View > Toolbars > Customize.

2. Click the Keyboard tab.

3. Under Category, select Apply Conditional Build Tag.

4. Under Commands, select New/Multiple (that's the only command listed).

5. Press a new shortcut key.

6. Click Assign.

I couldn't see a way to assign a key to applying a specific tag. What I did here brings up the Conditional Build Tag dialog (the one you get from choosing Format > Apply Conditional Build Tag > New/Multiple). Then you have to select the tag (or tags) and click OK.

I need to go in and apply a specific condition to multiple topics, and this has an extra two keystrokes, plus waiting for a dialog to open and close.

Other than Macro Express, any suggestions?

I'm using RoboHelp 9 on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone used the open source tool Autohotkey? (http://www.autohotkey.com/

I don't mind writing macros and I wouldn't have a problem paying for MacroExpress, but I'm working in a contract position and I don't know if they'd want to purchase this, and I don't know if I want to purchase it myself. So, an open-source, free item might be a good solution for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried AutoHotKey, but it looks a lot more complicated/featured than I need or would be able to devote the time to learning. It doesn't come with a macro recorder, but people have developed scripts, and once again, I wouldn't have the time to devote to sorting them out.

I tried WinParrot. It was easy to record a macro, but it didn't play back the way I thought it would. I also couldn't figure out how to assign my new macro to a key.

Oh, well. I've exhausted my "play time" to figure it out. I'd be interested in hearing about an experiments that anyone else have tried, especially if they work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but I have tried various apps over the years but nothing touches the one you excluded.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp