• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get authorization?

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I instaleed Adobe Digital Editions in order to read books downloaded from the EBSCO Host libraries on line.  I authorized the computer and I had no trouble reading the books.  Then I tried to transfer the books to my NOOK and I could not get that to work.  I tried un-authorizaing and re-authorizing Adobe Digital Editions.  I also tried uninstalling the whole program and re-installing it.  Now it won't even let me read the books on my computer.  I go around and around in circles.First  I click on a specific book and it asked me to authorize, so I authorize.  Then it says that this book is not associated with my ID.  I have tried un-doing and re-doing the authorization, and the password. So I have two questions.  1.  What can I do to be able to once again read the books on my computer?  2.  What can I do to be able to transfer my books to my NOOK?

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1)

Was the initial authorization with a 'standard' Adobe ID authorization, or do EBSCO have their own separate authorization?

If it is a searpate authorization, I am afraid I can't help.

~~~~~~~

For a standard Adobe authorization it sometimes gets semi-authorized and all sorts of odd things happen. Try

1. completely deauthorizing (ctrl-shift-D to ADE,  cmd-shift-D on a Mac),
  2. restarting ADE,
  3. authorizing again using menu/Library/Authorize Computer
  4. then trying to read a book.

~~~~~~~

2) various possibilities

Did you ever authorize the Nook?

While plugged in by USB, and with ADE properly authorized to your Adobe ID menu/Library/Authorize Device.

~~~

If the Nook has been authorized that can get confused as well. Similar to above

With Nook plugged in;

1. completely deauthorizing the Nook (ctrl-shift-E to ADE,  cmd-shift-E on a Mac),
  2. restarting ADE,
  3. authorizing Nook again again using menu/Library/Authorize Device
  4. copy a book across
  5. and try reading it on the Nook.

~~~

There is an even more extreme version of deauthorizing the Nook when things are confused.  Only do  this if the above doesn't work.

1. Using a file manager such as Wundows Explorer or Mac Finder
  2. make sure you can see hidden files and folders
  3. if there is a folder with a name link '.adobe-digital-editions' on the Nook, rename it
    (or back it up to computer and delete it)
  4. start ADE and authorize the Nook.

~~~

There are bugs in ADE2.0 that mean it won't work with some devices.  Try 1.7.2 instead.

Yhat might help with both 1 and 2.

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines