Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary interaction will not save or publish

Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get the Glossary interaction to publish. I can upload the XML and it appears on the PPT slide. But when I publish I get the default template with no text.  When go back to edit the interaction its set to the default and the changes I made to the template and the uploaded XML are not there.

I am using version 8.0.1 Build 260.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Robert

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rpanetti,

Thank you for contacting Adobe.

I think the problem is with the XML file that you are trying to import.

Please try to add word inside GLOSSARY and then try to publish the output.

Thanks

Loveesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Loveesh,

Thanks for responding. Are you recommending that I add the words one at a time? That would not be practical since I have over 100 words. I need to be able to do a bulk for this to work.

Can you elaborate on the problem with the XML file?

Thanks,,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I did some more testing and it seems to work if I just use the terms that start with A through S. If I add more I get the empty template when I publish. Is there a known limit to the number of terms that will work in this glossary? Is there any way to increase it?

Thanks again…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rpanetti,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please check your P.M. as we have requested some details from you.

Thanks

Loveesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Loveesh, I sent you file last Wednesday. Have you been able to make any progress on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Loveesh,

Have you had a chance to look at this? If there is a limit to the number of terms that the glossary interaction will support it would be helpful to know what it is. Then I could properly set the expectations of my clients who want to have a glossaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We checked the issue and there is no immediate workaround which we can offer to solve your problem.

For the time being, you can split the content into multiple glossary interactions containing around 100 terms each.

This should work.

Regards,

Mukul

Adobe Presenter Engg. team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for checking on this Mukul. Having two glossaries is not really an option for my client but at least I know what Adobe Presenter can and cannot do with the Glossary interaction going forward. I am grateful for your help figuring this out.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources