Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio cutting out Randomly and Video stopping most of the time

Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using firefox and i recently upgrade to 11.7.7 and the same goes with shockwave , im now starting to get these VERY ANNOYING bugs were il be sitting watching a video and then the audio just cuts out for no appearing reason and then short after the audio cuts out the video STOPS , even tho the video was buffered within sec (have a Amazing Internet) so Internet cant be the problem , this is starting to annoy the crap out of me and does anyone know a quick fix for this , i think i may need to go back and re-install the older version , so far its happened on google and on WatchOP & AnimeFreak - and tested a couple of videos on youtube and it does not happen or at least it did not happen when i played those 3 videos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Hello, in all DxDiag files I see the same outdated audio driver (11/20/2010 / Realtek HD Audio)

Please download and install the latest audio driver from here:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Update:

More with this old driver:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3553630

Seems to be an audio driver bug caused/delivered by Microsoft (Windows Update). This will be the reason why so many users are affecte

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just literally upgraded mine 15 minutes ago.  I just started having the same issue.  This is on you tube.  The video continues to play but the sound just cuts out.  If I move the video forward by grabbing the bar the sound comes back for a few seconds then goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Just now, my videoes have started suddenly going mute, but still going forward. The sound comes back if I fast forward or reverse the video a little and it comes back, but then goes out again shortly after.

Very, very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.  I'd like to get an actionable bug filed. 

It would be helpful to get some additional information to help narrow things down.

- URLs to a couple videos with the problem

- What quality are you watching them at (380p, 720p, etc)

- Are you watching them in Full-Screen mode, or embedded in the browser window

To help troubleshoot we'll need the following system information:

- Operating system

- Browser and Version

- Specific Flash Player Version (example: 11.7.700.178) - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration, using the instructions below.  Does the issue go away for you?

- Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

- Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.htm

If so, it would so helpful to get your system hardware and driver details.  Instructions for finding this information can be found here:

- Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Windows_users

- Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Mac_OS_users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem, and I've done a few things to attempt to resolve the problem, but to no avail.

I've tried an external sound card, new USB ports(Belkin PCI card), 4 different browsers(Chrome, Firefox, IE9, Opera) and the problem still persists. In my experience, audio will randomly cut out, but in the case of youtube, the video will continue to play. Changing the position sometimes fixes the problem until it cuts out again. Sometimes, the only way to get audio back is to refresh the page.

youtube video URLs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk7ConblPbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osavObqP-5w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsGMJI0D9vo

Video quality: Due to ISP youtube throttling, I almost always watch at 360p. The problem exists when the video is embedded or at youtube.com. I usually don't watch full-screen. The problem can occur if the flash audio tab is not open.

Windows 7 Professional SP1

Chrome 26.0.1410.64 m

Firefox 20.0.1

Opera 12.15

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 64-bit

Flash version in Chrome: 11.7.700.179

Flash version in Opera: 11.7.700.169

Flash version in Firefox: 11.7.700.169

Disabling hardware acceleration is not an option in Chrome's flash settings. The first tab simply does not exist. The option is in firefox, however.

A screen shot of the settings box I took on the flash sample video page using Chrome:

drfgjhdfgh.jpg

Here's my dxdiag: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?qu6uoyfy6tddg22

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing this on my Win7 Enterprise x64 machine with Chrome 26.0.1410.64m and Firefox 20 with Flash Player 11.7.700.179 (NPAPI or PPAPI).  You're correct that the PPAPI Flash Player doesn't have a hardware acceleration dialog.  It's always on by definition in that architecture.

From your DXDiag, it looks like you're using USB headphones.  I tried my logitech gaming headset as well, but didn't see the problem there, either.  All of the drivers listed are generic Windows drivers, so I couldn't figure out what you had for an internal sound card.  Are you seeing this with both the USB headphones and your sound card output?

You're on a fast machine with plenty of RAM, so that's probably not an issue... are you running any AntiVirus/AntiMalware stuff?  If so, what products and versions?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you totally spelled that out.  This would not be the first realtek-specific bug I've tracked down in recent history.  For the rest of you folks that are seeing this issue, can you provide the output of dxdiag?  I'm trying to figure out what the common denominator is.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that this problem has to be something with the adobe flash player because this started happening after I had updated my adobe flash player a couple of days ago. It has to be something new that you guys added to adobe flash player. It does happen to me frequently and my computer is not very new but the sound going out and the screen freezing happens more frequently when i go into full screen. I am just wondering if you guys at adobe should check the last update you guys did. I don't believe it is anything to do with our computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that.  In order to fix the problem, I need to be able to reproduce it, or at least gather enough data to produce an actionable bug.

If I file a bug that says "some guys on the forum are having sound problems, and one of them has a realtek card", it will just linger and die.  I'm way more interested in getting it fixed.

At this point I only have one data point, which doesn't help me prove anything.

It would be helpful to get your system hardware and driver details.  Instructions for finding this information can be found here:

- Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main _For_Windows_users

- Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main _For_Mac_OS_users

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great, thanks.  I don't have this exact laptop in our compatibility lab, but I have some Dells with similar chipsets.  I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can repro there.

According to CNET, this machine has an Intel GMA 4500MHD for on-board audio and video, so it's probably not a realtek-specific thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 3 devices capable of producing sound in my system. The HDMI out in the video card, the onboard realtech, and an Alesis iO2 USB sound card.

The HDMI out audio can have the issue.

The built in sound chip has optical out as well as headphone out in the front and back. I do not have the problem when using the headphone jack in the front. I don't ever use the headphone jack in the back, so I can't comment on that. I do have the problem when using the digital optical out.

The Alesis iO2 USB sound card outputs to my professional amplifier directly, and I can have the issue with it, as well. It was with this device that I got the new USB ports to see if that was the issue. After that, I got a DAC to use the optical out with the built in sound chip, but the optical out has the problem, as stated above.

I just use microsoft's security essentials. I have no idea the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you also experiencing the video issue that's described in the original post?  I'm thinking that these are probably separate issues.  If that's the case, I want to keep them discrete so they get sent to the right people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've filed the following bug with RobinDobbie's feedback on audio:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3553463

I filed the other bug to cover the general video performance issue:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3553467

I'm trying to figure out when this broke for most of you.  Were you already using the Beta before the upgrade, or were you on the release version previously (Flash Player 11.6.602.169)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on 11.7.7 right now. My audio cutting out and video freezing began after I updated my adobe flash player on may 1st. I have been uninstalling it and installing it to see if I can stop it, but so far there has been no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before 11.7.7 I believe I was using 11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest to anyone else having the problem to try sites that are not flash before assuming this is a flash problem. I'm now not entirely sure my problem is Adobe specific. I've found a few sites that I believe don't use Adobe Flash, but also exhibit the problem of Audio cutting out and the progress bar still going. Pandora, Slacker, MySpace, Playlist.com to name a few. So, I apologize for wasting anyone's time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comparing HTML5-based Youtube videos with Flash-based Youtube videos is a good troubleshooting step.

- HTML5 video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w&html5=True

- Non-HTML5 video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2we

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I didn't have a problem with the first link, it's a bit short in length. I have had the audio cut out that quickly, but it's random.

I did, however, experience the problem with the following video about 6 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxt-SrAUj0&html5=True

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone out there has more than one headphone jack, I may have found a solution. The work around I found for my situation is that I disabled jack detection in the windows registry.

I opened regedit by pressing the 'Start' button, then typed REGEDIT. I right-clicked regedit.exe and clicked "Run as Administrator"

In regedit, I clicked the Edit tab, then selected Find. I searched for "EnableDynamicDevices"

I then changed the value to all zeros.

http://i.imgur.com/0v7GwhD.jpg

The downside to this is my headphones do not automatically work when I plug them in. I have to choose the headphone output or whatever as the default device when I want headphones or whatever. However, audio does not randomly disappear while listening or watching internet sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this same issue with sound cutting out followed by video stopping. I am using Firefox 20.0.1 and Flash 11.7.700.169

Web pages include: narutoget.com bleachget.com watchop.com

I watched both videos you posted and neither of them paused.

I am running video and sound through HDMI wirelessly to a television (since sound drivers / output device may be part of the problem).

Here is my dxdiag up to the sound information. (sorry, I don't know how to upload it to a webpage like everyone else did).

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 5/14/2013, 00:04:41

Machine name: TONY-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: OptiPlex 755                

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A04

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     E4400  @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM

Page File: 4304MB used, 1832MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------

DirectX Debug Levels

--------------------

Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)

DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)

DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)

DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)

DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)

DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)

DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series      

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x954F)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_954F&SUBSYS_02A41043&REV_00

Display Memory: 1784 MB

Dedicated Memory: 505 MB

Shared Memory: 1278 MB

Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: PHILIPS

Monitor Id: ZIN0206

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: VX2025wm

Monitor Id: VSCE51D

Native Mode: 1680 x 1050(p) (59.954Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: aticfx32.dll,aticfx32.dll,atiumdag.dll,atidxx32.dll,atiumdva.cap

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1077 (English)

Driver Version: 8.850.0.0

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 4/20/2011 01:09:06, 676864 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-D60F-11CF-C677-AE22BEC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x954F

SubSys ID: 0x02A41043

Revision ID: 0x0000

Driver Strong Name: oem21.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTx86.6.0:ati2mtag_R7X:8.850.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_954f

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x32315659) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive

{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC1,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC3,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(IMC4,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S340,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

{5A54A0C9-C7EC-4BD9-8EDE-F3C75DC4393B}: Format(In/Out)=(S342,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported

DXVA-HD: Not Supported

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio Device)

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1001

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: AtihdW73.sys

Driver Version: 7.12.0000.7700 (English)

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Date and Size: 11/17/2010 06:04:24, 101392 bytes

Other Files:

Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices

HW Accel Level: Basic

Cap Flags: 0xF1F

Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000

Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0

Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0

HW Memory: 0

Voice Management: No

EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No

Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No

---------------------

Sound Capture Devices

---------------------

Description: Microphone (2- Logitech EasyCall Speakerphone)

Default Sound Capture: Yes

Default Voice Capture: Yes

Driver Name: USBAUDIO.sys

Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)

Date and Size: 11/20/2010 03:59:44, 80768 bytes

Cap Flags: 0x1

Format Flags: 0xFFFFF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the beta (11.8.800.42).

You can download it here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of the following links gave me an error saying the page does not exist.

Flash Player 11.8 Beta Installers

Universal 32-bit and 64-bit installers for Mac and Windows browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no!  It looks like something bad happened when we pushed yesterday's AIR update to the Beta channel.

Thanks for the head's up.  We're looking at it now.  I'll update again when the builds are up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines