• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Firefox, the Skins toolbar is not displaying correctly. Is there any way to add padding to fix it

May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Skins toolbar looks great in Internet Explorer and Chrome, but Firefox does not have any padding around the toolbar buttons (see picture). Is there a way to add padding?

smushed_help1.jpg

Thanks for your help,

Colleen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Hello again

Your response makes me wonder if you misunderstood me. Especially the bit about "transparent" buttons. Because that's precisely what I was suggesting. Add the "padding" you want, by adding some transparent area at the bottom of the buttons. That way the appearance should be that the buttons have some blank space below where the image ends and the divider.

At least that's what I interpreted you to be wanting.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Does anything change if you edit the buttons using something like Photoshop or Microsoft Paint and make them taller?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem.

Do you know if there is a way that I can add a transparent button underneath my existing buttons/toolbar, rather than to the side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

Your response makes me wonder if you misunderstood me. Especially the bit about "transparent" buttons. Because that's precisely what I was suggesting. Add the "padding" you want, by adding some transparent area at the bottom of the buttons. That way the appearance should be that the buttons have some blank space below where the image ends and the divider.

At least that's what I interpreted you to be wanting.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I created new buttons with a transparent layer, but it doesn't seem to see the transparency. I was hoping that if I could insert a button that was only a transparent placeholder with no other content, then it might insert the space (if for some reason the layer was the problem in my original buttons).

Thanks,

Colleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I guess I'm out of suggestions then.

To my knowledge there is no way the pages look at an image and simply discard the transparent part and position the image so whatever isn't transparent is shown. And it's always been my experience that the toolbar adapts to whatever height the tallest image button is.

Are you able to create a new project with just a couple of topics and use the skin causing you problems and send the project to me? I'd be happy to take a look at it and see if I can sort anything.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went back in and added even more transparent space, and that fixed the problem. I guess 3px wasn't enough.

Thanks for your help Rick.

Cheers, Colleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp