• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player disables Soundcloud website play, embedded links work fine (and vice versa). WTF?!!

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Safari 5.19, Flash 11.7.700.169, OSX 10.6.8

The player on SoundCloud website does not work - it loads the clip, then starts to play (the button turns to "pause" like it's playing) but the playhead does not advance - no sound.

The same clip embedded on a different website works fine (the playhead advances, sound is coming).

If i remove the Flash Player.plugin from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins then the player on SoundCloud website starts to work like it should, but on every other website there's the "no plug-in" link instead of the embedded clip.

It's obviously Flash Player.plugin screwing things up so please don't start with some "have you installed..." bullsh*t - I've had my limit for today, thanks.

Also a big F U to adobe for making people jump through the hoops with the annoying Contact support loop and then post my question twice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well? You only help computer-challenged people here, not solving the real issues with software?

Figures...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply do not respond to your kind of language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I simply do respond to all kinds of languages (at least the ones that I know), especially to people looking for HELP (as in "not patronising"). But yeah, one does not simply post on forums when frustrated to the core.

May I so humbly be excused for my not so carefully withhold bursts of anger towards our very beloved company, it's non-functional customer support and softwares? I am really sorry to hurt Your feelings kind sir. Maybe I can relieve the situation by offering childrens books or related paraphenalia?

I mean really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a forum for users of Adobe products and most of the replies are from fellow users trying to help each other and not from Adobe staff. Your language and ranting is unlikely to encourage other users to help you. I tried the site you mention on my Mac using Firefox with no problems, I don't use Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's not Adobe staff, thats whats really girding my loins. Fellow users not willing to help fellow users because some of them are so up to themselves (or plain ignorant).
Also I can tell by the pixels and from having seen quite a few forums in my time... your post is of absolutely no point and relation.

It is very clearly stated that the issue occurs in Safari, so what's your excuse to shine in with no insight or information other than what browser you are not using? The thing is, I'm not a frequent Firefox user nor do I want to be. It's working fine Opera too, and I suppose in Internet Explorer.

Maybe I should just switch to IE and be done with it?

Go make an apple discussions account and patronise there too, seems like an untapped oportunity. Jeez..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you took a moment to think rather than just sounding off you might realise that the problem is with your Mac and Safari and is not an Adobe problem at all. I doubt you'll get any other replies as your attitude is so obnoxious and ignorant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you took a moment to actually read my first post then maybe you would realize, that SoundCloud on Safari works fine without Flash, it's when I enable Flash plugin things go off. And Flash is Adobe's problem, or should I ask on Macromedia forums instead? So... who's ignorant? I've seen many posts about soundcloud not working on safari and way more about flash, which is notoriously finnicky thing all by itself.

I can not force myself to act nice to trolls, really. And as it seems trolling and basic computer skills are all the "help" one can get around these parts, I'm off. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines