• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign option is missing from my Adobe Reader X (10.1.3)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Reader X (10.1.3) and have found that my Sign icon/option, that was once available, is now gone. When I bring down the drop down list under View then go to Show/Hide-Toolbar Items-File the Sign icon is not there. On the far right side of my command bar the options available are Tools and Comment. When I click on Tools my only options are Create PDF FIles-Export PDF Files-Send Files. While using this version of Adobe Reader X I have been able to sign documents now all of a sudden this option is gone. How can I restore the Sign option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Have you tried it with different PDFs?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of would be to reinstall Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it with different PDFs?

Other than that, the only thing I can think of would be to reinstall Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have, even the one I would normally be able to sign or add text to. I do notice the when I right click a document and look under Document Properties – Security it reads in the Document Restrictions Summary – Signing: Not Allowed. I not only can’t sign documents, but I can’t add text either. I tried reinstalling and it didn’t help so I tried uninstalling to then reinstall and it said that access was not allowed to uninstall the program. I then tried to Repair the installation and that didn’t help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are going to need to have administrator access to your computer. If you have an IT manager, go ask him for help reinstalling Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, the reinstall fixed whatever it was that was wrong. Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Stacey Chavez

[signature deleted by host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running Citrix XenApp 6.5 and publishing a desktop from 6 2008R2 Servers. Non of the users have local admin rights to the servers. Some of the users launch Adobe 11.0.2 and get the "Sign" button between Tools and Comments. Others do not. I have done the following:

Uninstalled and reinstalled

Verified settings between users.

I dont understand why the users are getting different results when they are using the same program on the same server. Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

Jason Wiggs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2013 Jun 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a user with the same problem and discovered it was related to her Windows profile.  I deleted/renamed the following two directories on the affected Windows XP machine:
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Acrobat\10.0

When our user relaunched Adobe Reader these directories were recreated and the Sign option appeared again.

We haven't had a user with the same problem on a Windows 7 machine but I suspect renaming their equivalent directories under the user's profile may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear K. Nishida,

Thank you for your input.

This worked for me with adobe reader XI & Win 7 but though the paths I folowed were more or less the ones indicated by you, I suppose I was redirected a few times to some different addresses.

The folders I renamed:

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0

c:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0

Regards,

Victor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good tip!

Worked on my W2003Std terminal server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines