• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I consented to install Flash I NEVER consented to installing Google bar anything

New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I go about being heard, a voice in the wilderness of Adobe, which refuses to publish an email contact, because they really do not want to hear, and refuse to consider, any input from the public?

First:

I DO NOT want Google toolbar or anything, ANYTHING else, except the ONE thing advertised when I click Install.  SECRETLY, I find that Google toolbar is also being installed, and installed FIRST!!!!!!!!!!.  I hit STOP at 41% installed.  How do I get rid of that 41%??

Second:

I DO NOT want pop-ups all of the time.  Give me the opportunity to check a box, DO NOT ASK ME AGAIN.  I guarantee this will be the MOST POPULAR product that Adobe ever publishes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2013 May 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has been happening to others, though for some reason it seems to mostly be dismissed or ignored. 

The fact this is still happening is troubling in the extreme, and I suppose I better contact my company's IT department concerning the malware like behavior of Adobe's updater in this case.

What happens is that for some reason (hopefully a bug and not a purposful change) when Adobe Flash updates, it sends you to a URL that has no Opt Out for toolbar or Chrome. Unless you catch it, it installs them, no chance to opt out.

So far the only way around it is to edit the URL that Adobe's updater sends you to , as I describe in this post :http://forums.adobe.com/message/5274050

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines