• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 does not successfully produce PDF - Acrobat conflict?

New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a relatively new RoboHelp user. I'm using Robohelp 8 updated (is it 8.0.2?), on an XP SP3 system, with both Word 2003 and 2007. I can generate a .doc, but not a PDF. I have Acrobat Professional 8 installed, and if RoboHelp initially originally installed Acrobat Essentials (is that correct), I'm pretty sure I uninstalled in when cleverly "culling" my installed programs.

What happens is, everything does fine until the actualy PDF creation phase, Acrobat Professional comes up, and that's where it all ends, until I try doing something, which results in RoboHelp giving me a fail to produce PDF message.

Diagnosis? Prognosis?  Thanks!

Oh, also: can I install TCS 4 OVER my existing RoboHelp 8 installation, and use Robohelp 8 or 10 interchangeably (like I can with Word 2003 and Word 2007)?

Blessings,

Yehoshua Kahan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can create a Word doc outside of RH and PDF that, then you've got a problem that I haven't heard about. Chances are that you can't do that (PDF creation outside of RH), so your option is to uninstall all flavours of Acrobat (distiller & reader), and then reinstall Acrobat Pro.

If you load TCS4, you can still preserve your RH8 install and use RH10 as well, but be careful with Acrobat again - different versions don't play nice on the same machine; you should uninstall it & then reinstall it with TCS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp