• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 10.0.1 problem with Japanese CSS files?

Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Monday (22 Apr 2013), I installed the RH 10.0.1 patch. (Also that morning, Windows 7 did an auto-update of about 1-bajillion items, and the rotten thing deleted all of my Word macros without so much as a howd'ye do. The sole reset point on my box is post-updates.)

Since then, my Japanese pages have looked OK in the editing window, but in preview and generation, all of the formatting is missing—no hanging indents or numbers, no table formats, no colors, no paragraph formats.

If I manually change the page to use default.css, that formatting is applied, including on the master page, which has JPN.css as its default.

My JPN.css file is identical to default.css except for font definitions. (Verdana for default, Meiryo for JPN.)

I have other CSS files that are working fine; however, they're applied to Latin-alphabet pages.

What is going wrong? Did the patch do this? Did Windows? What should I check?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, check this out:

In desperation, I opened both default.css and JPN.css in HTML view, then copied default.css over to JPN.css (leaving none of the original). Then I did a search-and-replace for the font families.

And voilà, all fixed.

Blamed if I know what was wrong in the first place, but if it happens to you, there's the "fix."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing your fix! (RH sometimes rewrites CSS, no idea why! So it may be RH's fault.)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp