Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imbedded shapes with text cannot be viewed

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2007 Jan 31, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For some reason when i am importing a word document the imbedded boxes and text within it cannot be seen or moved (these boxes come from the word circles etc from the drawing tool bar. I can however see all of the boxes once i have generated the project (they are all bundled at the top of the topic.

Any ideas how i can see and move these boxes and their respective text without having to re-create them all with pop ups etc?

Please help...we have several training manuals with this problem and no time to begin re-doing them all.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2007 Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mrs.Kirk. I not sure there is a simple answer to this one. As there is no RH equivalent to the circle in word it is converted to an GIF image when it is imported. FYI rectangles are converted to RH tables. The really helpful bit is that they are added as you have discovered at the top of the topic before an text. I'm not sure there is any way of avoiding having to manually move the GIF images around to where you want them although I'd be happy for anyone else to prove me wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this inforamation. For some reason I cannot see all of my boxes until i generate and view my topic (strange ah?). If i created pop ups with RH to replace those boxes will they be visible when printing out the manual?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If you are talking about popups that are in fact separate topics linked to from within the main topics then only if they have been included when the printed documentation is produced. Even then they will not appear at the point at which the popup resides in the topic so you'd have to move things around a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp