• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript/CSS - creating a site index

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2007 Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to create a site index for the intranet.

The idea is that the main sections are show on the first page, then when clicking on a section the subsections for that entry will be displayed (i.e. the section will expand to show all the subsections).

I'm told that it will "require CSS or JavaScript t, using a hide / show implementation - the CSS will hide & show the <DIV> tags that will create this affect".

Could anyone help me with this - I am inexperienced with Javascript and CSS!!

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JaneXYZ. From what you say it sounds like all you need to do is provide good ol' fashoined DMTL drop down text. Your first section could be typed into your topic. Add drop down text to display the second level. You can use the project's .CSS file to display the text as you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum

Many thanks for this prompt response. I'll have a look at this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the DMTL drop down text can I do 3 or 4 levels of hierachy?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Indeed you can but performance may be an issue. I have one topic with multiple three tier drop downs and it takes an age to load. BTW if you're going down this line, click and drag the top tier window to increase it's size. It makes editing so much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp