• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to Excel - strange data conversion

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2007 Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a page in CF that exports data to CF. The page is setup as a table. I am having a STRANGE problem with numbers getting converted to characters.
The data file itself contains the data as follows: <td style='mso-number-format:"\@"'>+973-39573722</td> ,
However, when I open the file in Excel, it displays it as: ïž½39573722

and <td style='mso-number-format:"\@"'>973-17713979</td> as : 973-17713979

For some reason it does not like the + in front of +973, eventhough I have formatted the field as a text field. Any idea???

Thanks,
Ros
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just put a single apostrophe ' in front of your value (like '+973-39573722) and it will work fine..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. I had tried that idea before, too. The apostrophe ends up showing in the cell in front of the value of the field, when it is coded in the Cold fusion page. So, I need a different way of fixing this problem.

Any help is greately appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation