Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do I need to buy the Enterprise Suite or just Forms module?

Level 1

Hello,

My company needs to use the funcionalities that Forms module gives, so we are planning to purchase it. But I'm not sure if it's possible to use its functionalities just having this module, or if we need to buy the Enterprise Suite because it includes the server and other things that are needed to deploy the applications.

Sorry for the newbie question guys. I'd very much appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies

Level 1

Reaching out to LCHelp@adobe.com would be one way or you can contact Adobe support http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle.html.

It depends on what LC Forms based application you wan to develop, and deploy. Talking to one of the Adobe partners http://solutionpartners.adobe.com/home/partnerFinder.html would help to get the right approach for you solution needs.

Level 1

Thank you for the advice DadduPandeyLC. I contacted with LCsupport but they could not give me an answer.

The application is not complex, we have a pdf template and data in xml files and we have to merge them to generate the filled pdf files. The problem is that the number of files generated will be thousands, and I know LC Output is prepared to generate batches of many files but they are flat pdfs, not forms.

It doesnt have to be an online app, it will just be executed once to generate all the files. I know LC Forms can merge the data, because I tried it with the trial version, but I'm not sure if there is a way to automate this process for thousands of files.

That's basically why I doubt if we should use this module. Has anyone tried to do something similar with LC Forms?

Thanks

Employee

You can do the same with LC Forms by writing a process to merge data and form and saving the results as PDF files/forms. This should work out.

Level 1

Thanks SaketSidana.

I created a process that generates one pdf by merging the template with an xml file which contains data for only one pdf.

My problem is that I have only one xml file with many elements, each of them containing the data for generating one pdf.

Do you think it will be possible to create a process that grabs each of this xml elements and it automatically generates all the pdfs?

Maybe it's a strange question, but for now I only know how to create a process to generate one pdf, no matter how many elements the xml file contains.

Employee

Looks like your use case is that you have a single template but one xml file containing data through which you want to create multiple forms. You can write a process which parses the data xml file to retrieve one node at a time and thereafter merge it with the template and save the PDF form.

Level 1

Yes, that's exactly my case. I did this in LC Output, where you can tell him that every one of this nodes corresponds to a pdf and it loops through the xml file and generates all the pdfs.

But Output generates read-only files, so I tried Forms and found that it doesn't give you this option. Then I guess I will try your approach and create a process that extracts one element at a time and passes it to the merge service, and try to make the process to do this as many times as nodes the xml file has.

I don't know exactly how to parse the xml this way, but at least now I know a possible approach to solve the problem.

Thanks!