• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flashplayer and McAfee security, why?

New Here ,
May 04, 2013 May 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using adobe products both professionally and at home for some time now. Last time I updated adobe flash player it gave me the option of not loading mcafee security and I therefore didn't load it as it causes serious conflicts with much of the software that I have. This time, without warning, mcafee security has been loaded and I am now stuck with trying to solve many conflicts. I therefore have 3 questions:

1/ Why does adobe insist on bundling software, that people don't want want, with their software without telling them?

2/ Does adobe look at the web forums, other than it's own, prior to bundling software with their products to see what reactions people have towards the bundled software?

3/ Has adobe got a contract with mcafee to get their product bundled as many people may be moving away from mcafee due to security issues?

I used to use mcafee for my virus protection (newly updated) until I had some software deleted by AVG (which at the time was over 20 days old) due to a malicious trogen virus embeded in the software. From that point on I have not trusted mcafee.

If possible I would like these questions answered, as would many others worldwide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recevied many feedbacks about this offer. Nobody like it. If you want Flash Player - you don't need to install McAfee.

Better put disabled this checkbox by default because 8 from 10 users already installed varius antivirus software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately any image you uploaded, to show the location of the checkbox to disable McAfee, was stripped out of the reply by adobe.

I am usually pretty thorough when going through menus on loading products or updates and there was no warning and no checkbox. Thank you for trying to help.

What I have done so far is set my firewall to kill any attempt of McAfee updating or running, in the hope that this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Moved to the Installing Flash Player forum, as this question is not specific to the Flash Player 11.7 Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines