• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't uninstall ColdFusion 10

New Here ,
May 02, 2013 May 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to uninstall ColdFusion 10 from my Windows 2008 R2 server. I uninstalled all the ColdFusion 10 services except for "Adobe ColdFusion 10 .NET Integration Services" successfully. Everytime I click "Uninstall/Change" button to uninstall this program something flashes on the screen very quickly then back to the Programs and Features page with no changes. I click Refresh and the service is still appearing. The ColdFusion 10 Folder is still in its location as well. When I attempt to delete the ColdFusion 10 folder I receive a "Folder Access Denied" error. The error indicates I require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder. Well, I'm logged in as the Administrator so I have full permission and I still receive this error.

I really need to get this uninstalled so I can re-install ColdFusion 10 on my server as this server will be installed on our network as our new web server soon. Please provide me with some other avenues to uninstall my current installation of ColdFusion 10.

Thank you,

Josh

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to try stopping any of the remaining CF services (such as the .NET service), then seeing if you can delete the ColdFusion10 base folder.  If that doesn't work, then try setting those services to "disabled" and rebooting the server, then see if you can delete the ColdFusion10 folder.  it sounds like one of those services is still running, and has the folder open.  Once you get that done, try going back to the add/remove programs and see if you can uninstall the .NET CF service - it should give you an error saying that it cannot find the uninstall folders, and do you want to just delete it from the list.

When you reinstall CF10, it might still see some params from the previous install, that are defined in registry keys, but I haven't seen those to cause any problems in the past.

-reed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reed,

The only ColdFusion Service that appears is "ColdFusion 10 Application Server" and I have disabled it and I'm still not allowed to uninstall ColdFusion 10. I also rebooted the server and still no joy.

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Josh,

Can you please open the Command propmt as Run as Admin.

go to this location: \ColdFusion10\uninstall and type the command "Uninstall Adobe ColdFusion 10" and press enter, hope this helps.

Regards,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank,

When I typed in the "Uninstall Adobe ColdFusion 10" command in the command prompt it tells me the command is not recognized. I'm really running out of ideas as to why it won't uninstall.

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check this screenshot.

asdf.jpg

Regards,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deleted the bin folder and then the windows uninstaller did work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation