• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to stop Flashplayer 11.5 from prompting for update

New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I support about 3000 machines worldwide.  We use Windows 7 x64, with IE10.  In my base image I Installed Flashplayer ActiveX 11.5.502.146, using the full EXE installer and the switches -install -au2 (i do not want any updates done or users to get any prompts for updates).  The MMS.cfg created using these switches shows 2 lines:

AutoUpdateDisable=1

SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

and is located in the x64 path c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash

In the Flash Player settings manager, the advanced tab shows the radio button selection "Never check for updates (not recommended) is selected (this is greyed out because all of our users run under standard user permissions). Installation runs fine and the product works fine in IE, the problem I have is that my users are still prompted by the Update Adobe Flashplayer message on a weekly basis.

I looked at the admin guide for 11.5, and I believe my settings are right.  Why am I still getting this prompt?  Does mms.cfg have to be in the x86 path as well?  Is there something with standard user rights as it relates to adobe updates?  Should I install this from the MSI?

I can't update to 11.7 right now as we are getting ready to start rolling out my image and don't want to make changes at this time.   I'm looking for any input on what I may be doing wrong that I continue to see update prompts.  Thanks in advance for any information, and I'd be happy to provide additional info if I left out something.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After pouring through the first 10 pages of issues for Flash Player, I found this http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1174085?tstart=180 which describes what I am seeing exactly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat thanks for replying with these links - though my version of Flash is 11.5, not 11.6, the issue is the same, and it looks like this is being looked at by Adobe.  When there is a resolution, what is the best way I would find out - just keeping an eye on the forums, or is there an email notification I can get onto?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can subscribe to the forum topics by clicking 'Receive email notifications' on the right side under Actions.

I think if you vote for the bugbase issue, you will also receive notifications when it's updated.  (Not 100% sure though.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines