• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should both the ActiveX AND Plug-in versions of Flash Player be installed? If so, how?

New Here ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(OS Win 7 64 bit / IE 10 32 bit / Java 32 bit Ver 7 u/d 21 / Flash Player WIN 1.7.700.169)  The Issue is my inability to register my new Citibank AAdvantage card on-line on citicards.com.  After entering the card's 16-digit a/c number and clicking Continue, nothing happens.  Citicard techs trying to fix this all said Java or the Flash Player are not functioning as Citicard’s system requires.  Yet both apps check out on the Java and Adobe sites.  All SSl and TLS boxes in both IE and Java settings are checked.  ActiveX filtering is unchecked. Flash Player settings show only the ActiveX version installed.  There was a question as to whether both versions had to be.  If so, how is that done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2013 May 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Flash Player ActiveX component is for Internet Explorer, the plugin is for other browsers like Firefox.

I don't know what is not working on that Citibank page; can you try to set IE10 to compatibility mode; see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/use-compatibility-view#ie=ie-10

Alternatively you could try accessing it with a different browser like Firefox (which will require the Flash Player plugin).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines