• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install CS3 on my macbook

New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2007 macbook and cs3 will not install. I didn't have any other applications open, skipped the verifying applications process and the download took over 4 hours to install, to only tell me that none of the applications were able to be installed. Will CS3 not install on this macbook. Is it too old?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know what OS version you are using.

CS3 is not compatible with the latest version of Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether or not CS3 installs entirely depends on what version of OSX you use. CS3 requires the Rosetta components and those were only part of OSX until 10.6.3, optionally available until 10.6.7. if you have a newer version, CS3 won't install. The hardware is not the problem.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 does not require Rosetta to run (CS2 and earlier require Rosetta). It still depends on your version of the Mac OS though. I have CS3 running on Tiger at work but you need at least version OSX10.4.11 which might be your problem as a lot of people seem to be using earlier versions of OSX10.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on 10.6.8. What do I need to do. Go back to 10.6.3 or 10.6.7. What are the rosetta components and how do I know if I have them? How do I get them. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget about Rosetta you don't need it and it's nothing to do with the problem. CS3 should run OK on 10.6.8. Taking 4 hours to install must be a clue as that's just not right. Where did you instal from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i installed from a disc. has a serial # and all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines