• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Played, install fails, "unable to connect to reliable source"

New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install the latest AFP several times and in each instance the install fails at 47% with error "unable to contact reliable source'. I run Windows 64 bit (XP) and use Firefox brouser. I have run uninstall for older versions and have also disabled Avira security suite but have been unsuccessful. SAYWHAT ?????????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try clearing your Temp File (Start-- Run -- %temp%) and Cookies Download the installer again from this location

http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Let me know if it still stucks, try rebooting your machine.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anjaneai

Thanks for the response. I am a little "tech challenged" so, I have 2 TEMP files, 1 on the desktop (empty folder) and 1 in Windows with around 1.5 gig of data. Do I clean out this one eventhough there are a couple of files which are "applications"?

Looking forward to your response.

Rockwart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rockwart,

No problem.

I meant to clear out -- C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp this location. It contains mostly cached files of running applications and web content.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anjaneai

Oh are we having a good day, sorry, do not have one of these "AppData\Local\Temp". Did clean out the cookies and internet temp file, not that it did any good. Banged away at the install again, got the same result and also "download timed out". Almost at the point where I belt this thing with a 4X2 (big piece of timber) but I do not think that help, just wreck my PC.

Rockwart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and run the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea... (under the heading Progress bar hangs...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat

The vesrsion downloaded from the site ws not Windows compatable, thanks for the info, it is appreciated.

Rockwart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "not Windows compatible"; maybe the download was corrupted/incomplete?  The sizes are

• install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe: 16.7 MB (17,605,512 bytes)
  • install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe: 16.1 MB (16,940,424 bytes)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines