• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Microsoft JScript runtime error with twisty2a.js in RoboHelp 10

Participant ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my RoboHelp 9 WebHelp Pro project, the twisty2a.js ran perfectly for Show All / Hide All. The script is located in the root folder, along with the Show All and Hide All buttons.

In the past few weeks I had my computer replaced and I upgraded to RoboHelp 10. I'm now running Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1 with a 64-bit Operating System, and IE 9.0.8112.16421.

A few days ago I opened the RH9 project in RH10. The conversion appeared to go smoothly, with the exception of some strange formatting in my tables.

Today I noticed that Show Help works, but that it never toggles to Hide All.

I attempted to open twisty2a.js, which had been configured to use the ShowHide One button method, to verify that it was still correct. When I try to open it in RH10, I get a Windows Script Host error:

Line 58, Char 1, "navigator" is underined, 800A1391, Microsoft JScript runtime error

Does anyone know whether this is a RoboHelp issue with the script or whether it might be a Windows configuration issue with my new system?

Thanks as always for any help

I think the problem may relate to the "Determine the browser" section in the script (I tried to insert a PNG, but got an error message ).

Carol

BTW, I tried to format this discussion better, with bullets and indents, but the editor is quite balky. It doesn't even like it when I press Enter to create an empty line.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Carol

I understand that you have been in direct contact with Willam van Weelden and that he is looking into the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download the demo from my site and upgrade that on your machine. Does that work OK?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carol

I understand that you have been in direct contact with Willam van Weelden and that he is looking into the problem.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Peter.

Thanks very much for your reply. Yes, I contacted Willam directly and he sent me a new script that works brilliantly! Whew!

Regards,

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem with doing that but please let us know so that we are not all working on the same thing.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ll make sure to do that, Peter, in the future. I’d posted to the forum and then decided to check Willam’s website for possible solutions and then decided to contact him. Sorry I took up your time, which you so generously give to this forum.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp