Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents & Conditional Build Tag

New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to apply a conditional build tag to TOC in my Robohelp HTML 10 project following the steps listed here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/robohtml/WS9E0A3778-A7B6-4508-879E-4B87C4851257.html#WS6A73D489....

However... it's just not working. When I click the TOC name in the Project Manager Pod and go to Format > Apply Conditional Build Tag, all of my tags are greyed out and unavailable.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any tips for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You trying to conditionalize the whole TOC or just a page within it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to apply the tag to the whole TOC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of what you're doing? Use the camera icon in the web interface. Are you getting the New/Multiple option offered? Try right-clicking on the TOC top book and see what appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a few pictures to hopefully answer your questions... in the first, the Format > Apply Conditional Build Tag menu is all greyed out. In the second, I've right-clicked the TOC, which doesn't offer any CBT options.

RH Problem.png

RH Problem 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you test to see if you can apply a tag to a topic in the Project Manager pod?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can apply CBTs to Topics via Project Manager!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it behaving this way when you try it with one of the sample RH projects supplied with the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just tried it with SalesBuilder to the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit of a wild shot but could the TOC file or someother file in your project have the Read-Only attribute set? Sometimes if source control is involved I've seen this happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so--I'm the only one using RH, and I've never involved source control or marked anything Read-Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scratch my last answer because I have just looked a little closer at your screen shots. You have the focus on the TOC file in the Project Manager. You can not add a CBT there. There isn't really any point to you doing so. These TOC files are just different instances of your TOC. You select one as part of your Single Source Layout. You can specify only one and this does the same as excluding all the others from your output. I hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. Thanks for your help!

This is a bit of an issue for me--we are hoping to have conditionally enabled TOCs dependent on LDAP authentication (with RH Server & all that jazz). I suppose I'll have to continue my clumsy testing efforts!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deselect the TOC tag in the layout then you will not have a TOC tab. Your way you will have a tab but with nothing in it. I have to ask why you tag the whole TOC out?

Colum has picked up that you are trying to apply the tag in the wrong place. You tag things out in the TOC pane.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp