• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp js syntax error

May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am getting what, as far as I can tell, is a random javascript error. When I hit save/generate to create WebHelp Pro output locally (still in testing right now), I occasionally get an error that when viewed states, "whtopic.js syntax error, line 2098, expected char. 1". If I open this js file in visual studio, line 2098 is blank. Any ideas on why this would randomly occur?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you elaborate a bit more. This sounds like the output is generated successfully but that you get the error when you try to access the help. Is this right or is the error during the generation. If it is the former, can you tell us if it is just an issue with one area of the generated output (e.g. a specific topic) and what it was you were doing before the error occurred. A screenshot could also be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It sounds like a seed file (the templates RH uses to create the output) became corrupted. Or perhaps you have whtopic.js in use whilst trying to generate.

Which version of RoboHelp are you using? We can then look a little further into the matter.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you. To clarify, yes the output skin is generated, but the main body of the browser is blank with a cycling (it flashes on and off) javascript error in the bottom bar of the browser. It's hard to show a screenshot of that. It does not seem to be one specific topic that I was most recently working on that is causing the issue. As I previously stated it seems to be random, which is frustrating. Also, using Rh 10, but I'm limited to Window's XP and IE 8, which I'm sure could be part of the unreliablity issue.

I appreciate the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example of the error I'm getting.

Example.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if one of the solutions mentions on the link below solve the issue for you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp