Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble installing

May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to install Flash Player as it tells me to close Internet Explorer, but I don't know how to do that! Can you help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you start the Task Manager, under the Process Tab, look for iexplorer.exe right click on it and choose End Process Tree. Inc ase it is running in background, it would kill it and try installing Flash Player again.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjaneal Many thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately my computing skills are extremely limited, so I don't know how to start the Task Manager! Perhaps you could help me a little more? Regards Steve

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Probelm Steve.

Just Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE keys all together from your keyboard. It would open the following prompt :

TaskManagerKillProcess.jpg

Let me know if this works.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Have managed to follow your instructions, and have tried to install again, but still no joy!  Any other ideas. I really do appreciate your help.

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sending a Private Message to you. Please check.

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets just try here only.

Can you add a screenshot of the exact error message it gives you, it should help me understand it beter any other information like, the version of Flash Player you are installing.

Do you have any other Web browser other than Internet Explorer?

Thanks,

Anjaneai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get to the stage when installing where I reach 50%, then it stops saying that I need to close Internet Explorer!      Sorry, once again don't know how to do 'screenshots'. How useless am I?!!!! Don't know about other Web browsers, but have Skype and Google, if that makes a difference?

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not worry, I will help you out with this one.

Can you add me on skype-- anjaneai is my Id

We can try sharing the screen suisng the Skype Feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anjaneai Just to thank you most sincerely for your help and extreme tolerance in resolving my problem. I really am most grateful. Sincere regards Steve

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum; please do not post your email address or other private data (by sending the forum notification with all its headers back to the forum).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am trying to install Adobe Flash Player 11.7.700.169

[private data removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines