• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After flash down load the message reads " Not sufficient privileges to install Flash Player"

New Here ,
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am logged in as administrator. What do I need to do to overcome this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat,

Please find attached a screen shot of the message I receive after the download of the latest window version.

OS XP Home SP3

IE 8

Regards,

Horst Hamp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, there is no screenshot in your post.  (You need to login to the forum, and upload the screenshot using the camera icon.)

Try the following: download the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea... (under the heading Progress bar hangs...) and save it to disk, then right-click on the downloaded installer and select Run as Administrator.

If that still does not solve your problem, try a clean install as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pat, but the download did result in the following message:

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash Util32_11_7_700_160ActiveX.oxo:5

I could not load the screenshot as it was not accepted even though it was a small file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That means you didn't do the clean install; for some reason the installer cannot remove that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines